I have only recently gotten used to processing parts from within the main
Finale document; I just had a case where an orchestration project made me
enter  everything in "C" and then transpose.  Now that I know the "display in
concert pitch" tab is in the document menu, this isn't a problem, however
for  things I've already inputed...

I went back this morning to change my horn in F and trumpet in Bb parts for
 proper printing.  It's a Verdi banda part, so I wanted to have a similar
look to their regular opera parts, i.e. no key sigs.  Why is it that after
I applied my transposition, the moment I hit "ignore key signature" it
applies  an additional transposition?  Logically this should make the key sig
go
away and then replace everything with accidentals.  NOT move notes  around.
 Perhaps I need a new rubric; could someone give me a better list  of steps
if one needs to "attack" a part in this manner?  What was weird is  that
the horn part acted differently than the trumpet even when following the  same
exact steps.  (The key of the piece was Eb, by the way, which may  account
for the minor third extra transposition that happened when I hit the
"ignore" button).  I tried doing steps one at a time, as well as doing the
transposition and ignore all in one step.  Various havoc followed.   After the
screaming stopped, I somehow coaxed the notes and accidentals to where  they
needed to go, but it was maddening to have natural signs where none were
needed, and then no accidental when it clearly WAS needed.

Any advice?  Other than I should do some deep breathing  exercises?
Michael Wittenburg