In that case it will be confusing no matter where you put it.  I would try
to find a different way of indicating the triplet that didn't require a
number, such as 3 horizontal dots above the note, or writing it out as a
triplet without the stem slash (I assume this is what you mean by
"tremolo").

-Lee