Denis, try this:

Document Menu - Manage Parts - In the linked parts boxes you will have needed
to set up the 2 instruments that share the same stave in the left hand box but
assign the same stave to each in the centre box by clicking on << add to Part >>

then select each of these instruments one at a time in Staves & Groups Parts
(Centre box) and

Check << Specify Voicing >>

Click on Edit Voicing then -

for layer 1 part check << Selected Notes from one or more layer(s)

Rules for Selecting Notes from one or more layers check << Top note >>

In Measures Containing Multiple layers, display layer << 1 >>

for layer 2 part  check << Selected Notes from one or more layer(s)

Rules for Selecting Notes from one or more layers check << Bottom note >>

In Measures Containing Multiple layers, display layer << 2 >>

This way when every you have parts in separate layers 1 and 2 they will show as
such in each respective part, and if you have measures where both parts move
with the same rhythm, you can put in the notes as 2 note chords and it will
split accordingly, this saves a lot of space in the score with stems etc.
(N.B. if the second parts rises higher than the 1st you will need to put them
in as layers 1 & 2.

Also, if there are unison passages the single line part will now appear in both
the parts.

Unfortunately Make Music don't set this up in their templates even though they
contain parts that share staves so it's not much use looking there for an
example set up.

Remember to adjust the displacement of rests for the layers in the Layers
dialogue under document options.

It's a fiddle, but once done it can save a huge amount of time. Try to get your
templates set up in this way and then you won't need to repeat all this every
time.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan