Hi Steve,

Yeah, there is basically no good reason not to remove empty staves on piano
parts, other than mindless fidelity to tradition. And believe me, I understand
that in certain contexts, mindless fidelity to tradition is exactly what's
required! (As I said in my previous email, I would always make the piano parts
in orchestral music grand staves, because orchestral pianists are *exactly* the
kind of musicians to raise a snit about any deviation from the norm.) But the
tide is definitely turning on this one.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----