At 11:00 AM +0100 2/4/12, Florence + Michael wrote:
>There's also a recording of the piece, which
>could give additional insight into the
>composer's wishes. Go to the link originally
>given:
>http://www.marcgosselin.fr/compositeur/pour-instruments.html
>and click on the playback arrow next to
>"Fantasme" (as already stated, "ouvrir" will
>open a PDF of the piece).
>
>In this interpretation it sounds as if the
>baseball bat player (maybe the composer himself?
>- no information is given) is not observing the
>fermatas.

OK, that answers my questions.  And I'm outa
here!!  Would go over well with middle schoolers,
though.

(I can just imagine all the new Viola Jokes ... sigh!!)

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen Sie es, wie Sie wollen, machen Sie es nur schön."
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms