I have an iMac from 2007 with 4 gigs memory
I set up a file with no libraries and the insert text process worked as you
described in your original email.

open new doc from default; or create "new doc with no libraries" and
create a text block with "Part/Score Name" insert

I can make the text disappear within the file or edit text dialogue box.
Is it because there are no libraries?

Michael
mmathew_musicp...@yahoo.com
http://www.musicengravers.com/cgi-bin/engravers.pl