I can't help thinking that if MM ever had a handle on how we worked with 
Finale, they might have integrated the kinds of plug-ins and innovations we 
have come to depend on Tobias for. They are indispensable, indeed. I would not 
assume that MM could pick up where he left off or "maintain" TGTools as is. MM 
has redesigned the staff systems in each of the last 2 versions among other 
improvements/changes. It is no wonder that TGTools doesn't work the same in 
this area without an update from Tobias.

It seems to me that Jari is our future and is slowly providing all of the 
functionality of TGTools and then some that is up-to-date. It may be more 
beneficial for us to support his efforts than to look to MM to fill these needs.


John Blane
Blane Music Preparation 
1649 Huntington Ln.
Highland Park, IL 60035
847 579-9900
847 579-9903 fax
www.BlaneMusic.com
[email protected]


On Jul 4, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Henry Howey wrote:

> I'm noticing that several of the tools are now inoperable. 
> 
> MakeMusic MUST acquire and maintain TGTOOLS. I'm sure Garritan and MusicXML 
> were not cheap. TGTOOLS would be much less. 
> 
> Henry Howey
> 
> Sent from my iWhatever
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale





_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to