On 7/18/2012 9:45 AM, Jari Williamsson wrote:
> On 2012-07-18 12:12, David H. Bailey wrote:
>> I'm very confused by the LaunchEquity statement that it will have to
>> invest $10million the next two years to recruit and retain a new CEO --
>> Hell, I'll move to Eden Prairie and do the job for $4million over 2
>> years.  No, wait, I'll do it for $2million over two years.  No, wait,
>> I'll come do it for $1million over two years.  That'll sure beat the
>> hell out of my current annual salary!  It's this top-heavy salary
>> structure that greedy CEO-type people demand that is ruining companies
>> left and right.
>
> Read it again. The money over 2 years is to secure a long-time CEO +
> upgrade the product lines + secure the working force.
>
> But as I also read it, LLC wants to get back to annual version upgrades
> of Finale?

Guess I'll take my house off the market :-)  -- you're right, I misread
the statement.  In light of all the items those $10million will be going
for, I think it's too conservative a figure if, as they imply, they will
rewrite the existing notation product code base since the current code
base is near the end of its life.

But if they can do it, it might be a wonderful thing.

I wonder who the investors in LaunchEquity Partners, LLC are.  I can't
find any information about them online.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com