On 8/21/2012 6:08 AM, Colin Broom wrote:

> I have a really horrible feeling that a
> "modernized Finale product that takes advantage of current technology and
> workflows" is probably going to involve tabs replacing the traditional menus,
> like MS Office, and those recently introduced in Sibelius 7. I really hope
> not, as I think it was a terrible move on Sibelius's part, taking up loads of
> space on screen and massively counter-intuitive, but it really wouldn't
> surprise me if this is what happens.

You do know that you can minimize the ribbon in Sibelius 7, so that only
the names of the tabs are showing, just like the older menu headings
show until you click on them, don't you?

There's a little green triangle to the right end of the Sibelius ribbon,
next to the help icon -- click that and the ribbon takes up no more
screen real estate than a menu bar does.  Sort of makes one wonder why
the switch, but more software is going to the ribbon format, so we all
have to learn to deal with it, just as wordstar users had to learn to
deal with menus instead of the old command structure, when they switched
to newer word processors.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com