Hi all,

Can I get a little help on linked parts.

I have an orchestral score that's done with all linked parts done.

But I need extra parts -- horns 8va down, doubled parts split into individual
parts, etc., alternate parts for other instruments for rehearsal, etc.

I'd like to duplicate or extract the linked parts that are already set up so
they can be modified. I'm stuck.

How, for example, can I create a horn part that's an octave down that's
otherwise identical to the one that I have now (without it appearing in the
score), and split it into horn 1 & 2?

In the old days (which has been until very recently), I'd extract the parts
multiple times and edit the duplicates to taste, adding cues or special notes
or markings. They wouldn't be linked, of course. The parts manager doesn't
seem to allow me to duplicate and edit existing parts -- it makes new ones,
and stuff I delete gets deleted in the score and other parts. I can't even
find a way to save the parts as separate Finale files, which would be just as
good.

This seems clumsy, so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Dennis



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to