I got a new laptop last year and wanted to run PureData on it (as well as
Finale 2009).  Reading around a bit, it seemed to make sense to get ASIO.
That's when my problems started.  PD would freeze the machine, while playing
something, so I got a loud continous sound and had to remove the battery to
stop it.  After a bit more reading, it seems that ASIO is all a bit old hat
now and most modern machines should not need it.  So I uninstalled ASIO.
For a while, I kept getting strange behaviour until I managed to reset
everything back to its default - clearly ASIO does things to the setup of
the machine that are not undone when it is uninstalled.  I have not had any
problems since.
So the question is: is ASIO necessary at all?
Regards,
Michael Lawlor

On 2012-09-01 19:37, Henry Howey wrote:

 > I really do know what I'm doing MAC or PC.

And yet you seem to have more configuration problems than any other
Fin2012 user I've seen on any Finale forum? Or is it just that you install
Fin2012 on zillions of machines?

> This is a really severe bug as I've never before experienced. The new 
> 6K box my kind school has provided to me was initially not set up with 
> all of the latest drivers. I had been gradually doing this when I 
> noticed that the AUDIO SETUP was unstable. Well, I found out that the 
> CREATIVE soundcard and its associated apps needed updating.
>
> As soon as I did this 2012 would freeze the machine to the point that 
> no usual recovery was possible at all.

So you upgraded the drivers for Creative which started to freeze Fin2012,
and this would be MM's problem?


Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to