On Tue, December 18, 2012 8:53 am, Raymond Horton wrote:
> Do you think the Toshiba laptop described would make a good second PC,
> capable of running Finale and Garritan?

Can't help you there -- I seriously dislike laptops for scoring, and don't use
them for any serious work. I have the big laptop running Linux, so no Finale
there. Laptop screens are too small for scoring work.

My little Dell netbook works great for special purposes and for keeping a
diary when traveling. I actually used the netbook for my opera -- I couldn't
afford to bring in a cimbalom player, so got a customized set of cimbalom
samples from Bolder Sounds and ran it using Finale's Aria player driven from
an external Kurzweil keyboard.

I do like my customized desktop system with its big monitors and fast hard
drives. (When I'm traveling, I pretty much switch to paper and pencil and
enter the music when I get back home.)

Dennis


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to