Ray,
Our family owns two Toshiba laptops. I bought an 875 as an early present to
myself--4 CPUs and 8 gb of ram.
Son has an earlier version (forget the number). Both are well-made workhorses
at reasonable prices at best buy.
On the down side, the hard drive in my new 875 spins at only 5400 rpm, rather
than the recommended 7200 for Garritan work.

 I did notice a bit of popping in some finale files that I solved by increasing
latency.

When I get back from the Midwest band clinic, I'm going to attach my ASIO audio
interface, which will solve that issue.

As to video, the 875 has a big screen but I do the dual monitor thing with a
large pivoting screen.

Having said that, the Toshiba screens are big enough to do some good work when
not hooked into the second screen.

Finally, my new 875 came with Windows 8, which I do not like. I seriously
considered wiping the HDD when I got it and installing 7, but thought I'd go
with the flow. It reminds me of my iPad. ;-(

I am now happily working with finale 2012, and every Garritan library all the
way back to the original GPO...

Jim

Sent from my iPhone, so please pardon all the typos.