I'm late to the party, but Jim Williams seems to have it worked out correctly.

I gather that in the young days of complex chord symbols, some arrangers were
still mixing in elements of figured bass, where the notes in a chord took on
the accidental from the KEY they were in, instead of calculated as a fixed
interval above the bass note/root. I've taken note of these to show to my
students, as there is no telling what you might come across in the Wild West of
chord symbols.

Monk and his peers are well-documented as calling a m5(b5) or "half-diminished"
chord "a minor chord with the sixth in the bass". While it seems odd to us, it
DOES tend to encourage the player to use a certain chord scale.

I would definitely edit these to modern (and consistent!) standards, in case
you were still in doubt.

Christopher