OK, I'm puzzled.

On ML, the user library is hidden. If you need to open it, make sure you are in
the Finder, hold down the Option key, and then choose Go > Library.

At first, I thought one had to use the option key when in finale looking for a
file which is in the user Library.  However, I just tried that and it didn't
work.

>From the finder I can get to  system / library / application support / make
>music / Finale 2012 / but there is no "Component files" folder there.  There
>is a "Libraries" folder, which has a "Maestro Font Default" in it, however.

Using the option key from the finder, I can get to user / library / Application
Support / Make Music / Finale 2012 / Libraries /  and find a Maestro Font
Default there also.

I don't have a clue as to how one might open that file in Finale to make
changes.

Dick H
OlyWa