Hi David,

I have a friend here in Portland who is part of the Garritan organization and 
therefore in the loop at MM.  When pressed (gently) for an update on Finale, I 
did get confirmation that it is being worked on.  I remember obliquely asking 
if the delay was because all the code was being rewritten and getting something 
like an affirmative answer, but I didn't feel comfortable pushing further.  I 
value my friendship with this guy and would not want to compromise it by 
pressing for inside dope to which I am not entitled.  Besides, it is possible 
that even he doesn't know details.

I know....a lot of help I am!  Still, it's an excuse to say hello.

Chuck


On Apr 28, 2013, at 10:22 AM, David Froom <[email protected]> wrote:

> Has anyone heard any rumors about when Fin2014 might arrive and what it might 
> have?  I sure am hoping, given the two year cycle, for bug fixes to 
> long-standing issues, and completion of incompletely realized things (like 
> parts with unlink-able hairpins, or better MIDI, especially percussion and 
> tempi).
> 
> The "fire sale" of 2012 has begun, and this, like the birds returning with 
> the first hints of spring, creates a sense of hopeful anticipation.  There is 
> also the academic cycle, with monies for lab upgrades coming available, and 
> those of us who teach Finale wanting to have time to absorb new features. 
> Plus the hope that the release is early enough so that the inevitable 2014b 
> can arrive before classes begin!
> 
> David Froom
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
> 

Chuck Israels
8831 SE 12th Ave.
Portland, OR 97202-7097

land line: (503) 954-2107
cell phone: (360) 201-3434

<www.chuckisraelsjazz.com>

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to