Craig,

If you engage the articulation tool you can right click on the selection box
over the note and call up the edit articulation definition dialogue where you
find the various parameters to edit: Symbols, Symbol Options, Playback Effect,
Positioning, etc.  The playback effect is where you can experiment with various
effects. I've tried using these things and find my patience is kind of tested.
I am not very patient! Ha!

You might have found it already, though.

Michael
mmathew_musicp...@yahoo.com
http://www.musicengravers.com/cgi-bin/engravers.pl
http://oregonmts.com/mathew/