As a windows guy, the re-write is probably of use to you. They probably
optimized the code base, and made it perform better. So decades of shitty code
has been flushed for stuff that runs better. Probably will make it easier going
forward for BOTH versions of Finale (Mac/PC)

Yet another file format? Is this one going to be documented so we can perhaps
have other programs read Finale files now?