And I believe what I said was that F Lydian is a special case because there
are no sharps or flats in the key signature of A minor (C Major). It is
functionally the same as "no key signature." I am perfectly fine with
notating any church mode or key without a key signature. Indeed, as a horn
player it is my obvious preference.