Hey Terry,
Terry Cano here a friend of your brothers from CA.  We meet years ago.  I trust
you are doing well.
Musically
Terry

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:08 PM, TERRY VOSBEIN <vosbe...@wlu.edu> wrote:

I wrote to FINALE:

I am enjoying the 2014 update quite a bit. However there is one bug that seems
to be persistent. I am using a MacBook Air Retina 13." If I have a Finale
document open and i either plug in or unplug headphones, Finale crashes within
a few seconds. The laptop sends some internal info to the sound card that the
headphone jack has been activated or deactivated, and somehow Finale is hearing
that message and crashing.
_____________

They replied:

Terry,

Thank you for contacting us. We have seen some issues with crashing due to a
conflict with some output devices not being set to a compatible sample rate.
This will usually cause an error message, and in some cases a crash.

However, the specific issue you are running into is an issue with Mavericks.
Essentially when you plug in a new output device, the OS temporarily loses
communication with the Soundcard. Once rescanned and loaded this will cause a
crash in Finale.

Unfortunately, the only fix at this time is making sure you do not plug in, or
unplug your headphones while working within Finale to avoid lost work.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping to hear, but at this time there
is not work around, or easy fix.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Ben L.
MakeMusic Customer Support