I have experienced this problem, also. The hot key won't work, selecting
single or multiple notes won't work. It's definitely NOT a layer problem for
me. Exiting & restarting Finale sometimes works. Working with different
tools and coming back to articulations has sometimes worked. I work almost
exclusively at zoom level 3 (user defined at 65%). I'll try switching zoom
levels.

Maybe I should start another thread, but has anyone experienced more
frequent crashes with Fin 2014 (I'm using Win7)? Previously, a very rare
occurrence, but now, several times per session. I suspect it's connected to
my simultaneous use of Transcribe!, but this didn't seem to be a problem
before. I'm Ctrl-S-ing much more frequently now, and I really miss the edit
toolbar (no handy save, print, undo, redo buttons).

Giz