Thanks, for both clarifications. I knew something didn't sound right about 
"Coverfow" but apparently my research laziness got the best of me here, a 
self-assessed rarity! Anyway, the problem with QuickLook ought to be fixed 
immediately - it is maddening to have to open each document (thus opening the 
app., or once open, having to open each document) - a substantive waste of 
time, simplicity, and ease. I am surprised that there has not been an outcry 
among Mac users, but I am always surprised that Finale's business seems to come 
primarily from Windows users. The only items that come up in my Google searches 
about this defect are my own complaints. But, thanks. 

Dean

--
Dean Rosenthal
www.deanrosenthal.org



> On Mar 9, 2014, at 1:31 PM, Darcy James Argue <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> The feature is actually called "QuickLook." The Fin2012 QuickLook plug-in was 
> broken and caused all kinds of performance problems, and so it was not 
> included in Fin2014. A new version is apparently in the works, hopefully it 
> will be included in Fin2014b.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> - DJA
> -----
> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
> 
>> On Mar 9, 2014, at 12:26 PM, George Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Dean,
>> 
>> I noticed the lack of cover flow also and, like you, don't know what to do 
>> about it. I (used to) use it a great deal but now have to open the document 
>> to make sure it's the one I really need. PITA
>> 
>> George Brooke
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>>> On Mar 9, 2014, at 11:12 AM, Dean Rosenthal <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hello:
>>> 
>>> I asked this question last week, but I don't think I received a response
>>> from anyone. Does anyone know anything about using Coverflow (previewing
>>> files on OS X) with 2014? I have scoured Google, forums, etc. Does no one
>>> else use this feature and open up every single document to find what
>>> they're looking for? I'm sure I sound frustrated, but it is amazing to me
>>> that I am the only one out there who is baffled by this omission and finds
>>> it an incredible pain the butt.
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dean
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> Dean Rosenthal
>>> www.deanrosenthal.org
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Finale mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>>> 
>>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>>> [email protected]
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> [email protected]
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to