BTW, there seem to be a number of free online PDF imposers available. Might
be worth checking those out if you don't want to spend the money to buy a
program.



On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM, Ryan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Will you be able to duplex the 12x18?
>
> To print 11x17 booklets from Finale, first set up your page sizes.
>
> Page Layout>Page Size = Letter
> File>Printer Page Setup>Page Size = Tabloid (or 11x17)
> --choose landscape printing orientation
>
> Finale is creating letter size pages. Your printer will print them on
> 11x17.
>
> File>Print
> In print dialog window, select:
>
> Two Sided. (it's next to "Copies" on my system)
> Layout: 2-up
> Ignore Printer Margins for N-up printing
>
> In the page range, type the page numbers as you want them to be printed on
> the sheet. The printer considers the left side of the page to be first to
> print, but in a booklet that's the last page. For a 4 page booklet, you'll
> want "4,1,2,3." Pages 4 and 1 will be printed on one side, and pages 2 and
> 3 will be printed on the other. Eight page booklets would be
> "8,1,2,7,6,3,4,5." (I used to have a text file with the page orders for up
> to 40 page booklets, but now if it's more than 4 pages, I'll let
> PDFClerkPro do the impositions for me.)
>
> Here's a screen shot:
> http://imgur.com/Gwa5eXk
>
> Then, in the same print dialog, under Layout, select Two-Sided: Short-Edge
> Binding.
> http://imgur.com/76GPvDO
>
> You may have to define some additional printer settings under Paper Feed,
> Paper Handling, etc., to get proper results. Each duplexing printer I've
> had seemed to need different settings to achieve the same output. My
> printer puts a little bend in the sheet after printing, due to the heat of
> the toner being applied. I sometimes choose "Reverse page order" so that
> the printer prints the document backwards. It still is correct in the
> booklet order, but having it print in reverse makes the bend go "inward"
> and it's a bit easier to staple the booklet together.
>
> This only works if your document is 4, 8, 12, or any multiple of 4 pages
> long. Insert blank pages into the document or add at the end as necessary
> to fill out the booklet. I don't recall Finale crashing, but the printer
> never would receive the data for a document with the incorrect number of
> pages. If you tell it to print page 4 first, but there is no page 4, Finale
> just stops processing the print queue. A PDF imposition program will add
> blank pages for you at the end automatically.
>
> Good luck. Hope this works for your printer.
>
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Darcy James Argue <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a duplexer for the Ricoh but (in another difference from the
>> AP2610) it does not handle any custom sizes — so duplexing 9"x12" must be
>> done manually.
>>
>> How do you print to booklet directly from Finale?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - DJA
>> -----
>> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
>>
>> On Aug 27, 2015, at 1:51 AM, Ryan Beard <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > Depending on the size of the project, I might print to a booklet
>> directly from Finale. (A 4 or 8 pager...)
>> > Otherwise I print to PDF, then use PDFClerkPro to do the impositions.
>> You might check to see if Preview can do impositions. It's received a few
>> updates in the last couple OSes, IIRC.
>> >
>> > My HP Laserjet 5200dtn is still going strong after ten years. Good to
>> know that the Ricoh is available in case I need it. It's rare that the
>> duplexer unit will handle a large size like 12x18.
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone
>> >
>> >> On Aug 26, 2015, at 10:05 PM, Darcy James Argue <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Hi all,
>> >>
>> >> So after a year and a half of owning a Ricoh AP6330N, I have —
>> somewhat sheepishly — just today discovered it can actually handle 12"x18"
>> paper. (I had until now just assumed that it had the same size limitations
>> as its predecessor, the Ricoh AP2610, which maxed out at 11"x17". In
>> retrospect this was really, really dumb.)
>> >>
>> >> Obviously that is a bit of a game changer for me! I have previously
>> been printing on individual 9"x12" sheets and taping them using the VPC
>> machine. This is no longer necessary (or remotely desirable) now that I
>> know I can print directly to 12"x18".
>> >>
>> >> I'm curious what people's workflow is to create booklet parts on a Mac
>> — presumably it's best print to PDF first, then use booklet software to
>> assemble the 12x18 signatures? Are there apps that people would recommend
>> for this purpose? I have Bookbinder's Collator, but it's not the most
>> intelligent piece of software I've ever used.
>> >>
>> >> Cheers,
>> >>
>> >> - DJA
>> >> -----
>> >> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> Finale mailing list
>> >> [email protected]
>> >> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> >>
>> >> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> >> [email protected]
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Finale mailing list
>> > [email protected]
>> > https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> > [email protected]
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>>
>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> [email protected]
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to