On Sat, April 23, 2016 1:14 pm, deanrosent...@gmail.com wrote:
> This has happened to me as well. I sent the file to tech support and they were
> able to show me how to fix it, I remember that in my case clearing the MIDI
> data didn't work. Obviously you could try reloading the instruments, but one
> other suggestion might be to export the file to .xml and then reimport it.

Remember ETF files? They were in ASCII and you could actually hunt down the
errors and fix them. Or sometimes just a save to ETF followed by open from ETF
fixed the errors. I had a huge file (some 1,100 measures) back in the 1990s
that suddenly was eating itself. I saved it as ETF, and reloading it fixed it.
I'm not sure XML is quite as reliable as ETF was in terms of saving exactly
what Finale has created.

Dennis