Here is the latest response from MakeMusic regarding my complaint about the
eighth rest dot spacing in JazzFont:

"At the risk of going into semantics, bug fixes are defined as the software not
operating as designed. The augmentation dots appear next to notes and rests at
a distance that is defined in the settings - this works exactly as designed.
Your request is to add functionality that allows this distance to be set
differently for rests than it is for notes."

JW Change has the ability to do this, but it is cumbersome, and I have
forgotten how to use it. I'm hoping someone else will request this "feature"
and that someone will remember the JW Change workaround so that I won't have to
change each instance individually.

After making this complaint for several years to MakeMusic, this is the first
cogent response I've received from them. Now I know the spacing issue is not a
bug!

Thanks for sharing my misery!

GizB
Richmond VA

PS - maybe we can get them to provide a JazzFont "Z" that doesn't look like a 2.