Hi folks. Running 2010 on a MacBook Pro (following all your threads on new
releases and_terrified to upgrade. But I digress).

Working on a piano reduction of an orchestrated opera, and as you all know,
when you add a piano to the instrument list, the default creates a grouped
treble and bass staff set with the standard piano bracket. The default
group name is Piano, and the abbreviated name is Pno.

IMHO, Pno. looks weird, and intelligent musicians don't really need us to
tell them a piano score is a piano score. So, I tried to erase the group
name and abbreviation. I tried everything I could find in the staff menu,
highlighting the group, erasing both names and leaving them blank, etc. It
only erased the name for the specific system I was working on. The opera is
dozens of pages long, with only 2 - 3 systems per page, so working system
by system would take a great deal of time and bother, and I was trying for
a global solution.

I tried starting at the beginning, it made no difference. I tried just
highlighting the box near the name Pno., and it deleted the bracket as
well, which I want to stay there.

It's not a crucial thing, but it's a presentation to a regional opera
company that might perform the piece if they like it, so I would like to
present it in the best way possible.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks and best,
                        Mike