On 11/4/2016 5:21 AM, Haroldo Mauro wrote:
> Finale Mac (Marvericks) 2014.d I often use the Tempo Tool to slow
> down just one part of a measure, when I feel that keeping a straight
> pulse sounds unnatural. For example, when the whole orchestra stops
> for a rest on a last beat and resumes playing on the following
> measure. It might sound rushed sometimes, even though the pulse is
> kept. Then, say the metronome is 88, I change it to 75 just for that
> last beat with the Tempo Tool, and back to 88 on he next beat. It
> makes me happy and leaves no markings in the score. Now how would I
> do that one beat slow-down without the Tempo Tool, in Finale 25?

Good question -- my guess (I don't have Finale25) is that you could
define two non-printing expressions which affect tempo, place one on
that last beat you want the extra time on, defined for 75 (in your
example), then place one on the next beat to return the tempo to 88 (in
your example).

A bit more kludgy than using the tempo tool, but still possible.

It does leave me scratching my head as to why they would remove a tool
which seemed to be working just fine.  Especially since there have been
no reports here from Finale25 users telling us that long-standing bugs
have been fixed.  I guess it's easier to take things out than to
actually fix things which are broken.

Oh well.

--
David H. Bailey