You can open your file in Fin 2014, enter the tempo tool changes, and then
reopen it in Fin25. Fin25 will still play back the tempo tool. The only
level that was removed appears to have been the U.I.

Years ago, Jari Williamsson offered a plugin to do easy Tempo Tool changes
called JW Tempo. It still works in Fin2014, but I can't find a recent
download link for it. Nor can I find a newer plugin that incorporates the
same functions. It seems like a 64-bit version of it might have a lot of
utility. Does anyone know if one of his more recent plugins incorporates JW
Tempo?