I had a similar but different problem with 2014.5 and OS10.11: th
machine wouldn't remember MIDI mappings. If I had to shut down (which I
did frequently given that I was running an 8 yo MAC), I'd get the rests
too. All I had to do was "rescan MISI" and it was fine, but it was very
inconvenient.

New Mac, new Finale, different problem (more to come)