Thanks, guys. Yes, I think I can figure out how to use the built in macro
functions, but I checked out Keyboard Maestro, and that looks great - just
what I need.

Much appreciated. Best,

Mike

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 12:54:34 -0800
> From: "j...@thomastudios.com" <j...@thomastudios.com>
> Subject: Re: [Finale] Program Function Keys on Mac
> To: finale@shsu.edu
>
> Keyboard Maestro.  It will do exactly what you want and much more.

> > finale-unsubscr...@shsu.edu
> >

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 16:31:27 -0500
> From: Christopher Smith <christopher.sm...@videotron.ca>
> Subject: Re: [Finale] Program Function Keys on Mac
> To: <finale@shsu.edu>
>
> Layers are built into Finale now. Opt-cmd 1 is layer 1 (you can do it
with your thumb sideways and your index) then 2, 3, and 4 are predictable
enough?

> I use System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts? App Shortcuts to make
certain F keys into preferences. No 3rd party required. Make sure you spell
the menu item properly, with caps and spaces exactly as is.