Perhaps I can't comment directly on this issue as it's already
emerged, but it does relate to an issue I expect to come up with my own
work, but I just hadn't yet gathered what seemed like enough details to
actually ask about it here yet.  But perhaps I might try to briefly
indicate my problem, and hope someone can please help me, since the
topic has come up.

      My issue is with piano music, and there are a few pieces I have
which will briefly require 3 or 4 staves, although I use only 2 for
maybe 95 percent of systems in piano music.  (And nothing I write
requires more than two staves for the entire piece.)
      I think I found a utility for adding a staff, but there were two
problems with it: Finale added the extra staff for all systems in the
piece, not just the one or two where I wanted it; and the curly bracket
at the start didn't lengthen to cover all staves, but just remained
covering two staves it considered to be the original ones, and not the
extra one or two.
      Are there easy solutions to this, please?
      Also, does creating an extra staff just for a couple of systems
have implications if, as I edit the piece, repagination occurs and the
distribution of bars on particular staves changes?  Do I have to plan
for that, or will Finale look after it if the bars do later get
rearranged automatically (or I rearrange them manually)?

      And, about previous suggestions already given in this thread:
suggestions were given to rename a part to another instrument - but
would that cause the playback to switch to the renamed instrument, or
would it continue to play back as the original instrument?  (As I think
I once said before, correct notation is paramount for me, but I do want
to preserve accurate playback if that can be catered for in addition.)
      And also a distinction was made between extra staves for a single
instrument and a "group" as solutions to Dennis's problem, and I don't
really understand that.  I've read a bit about it in the help pages, but
didn't find it very clear.
      Would either of these matters already mentioned in the thread help
my problem, as stated above?
      Thank you.

Michael, Edwards.