Hallo.

      In certain passages of a piece where the texture is more
complicated than usual (lots of extra sustained notes inserted either
with an extra temporary layer or by the V1/V2 device in Speedy Entry, or
a combination of both), I have noticed that some longer notes don't
sustain nearly as long in playback as they should - I don't know if it
affects short notes too, but they are too short for me to notice.
      I suppose I should really post sample bars here for anyone who can
answer to look at, but I don't know how to do that yet.
      Is this, in general, a known problem, and is there any solution to
it?
      I have so far entered only piano and organ music since I bought
Finale some months ago, and this appears in both of these types of
music.
      Here is an example in an organ piece I wrote many years ago but am
now entering in Finale: three bars before the end, the following chord
is sustained for several beats (in ascending order and all notes on
manuals spaced in 3rds):

   Ped.: Db Ab at bottom of pedalboard;
   l.h.: F Ab Cb Eb;
   r.h.: G Bb Db F.

      A few beats later, all notes are released except for G in the
right hand and F B in the left.  Those notes are written as an extra
voice in both manual staves, with the l.h. using B instead of Cb for its
spelling, because that F B G serves as a dom. 7 before the final C major
chord.  Yet when the point comes where all the other notes are released,
in playback the F B G does not continue to sound - everything ceases
together.
      I've noticed this kind of thing in others contexts, too, in piano
music.  Is the arrangement of notes and voices just too complicated for
playback to render correctly, or is there a way of fixing this?
      Thank you.

Michael Edwards.