I'm not a regular user of linked parts -- yes, I still make a copy of the
score and extract from there -- but I did make a reasonable effort several
years ago to incorporate them into my normal work flow.  I gave up after a
month or so due to encountering too many situations that required special
workarounds, and decided linked parts were costing me more time than they
were saving.

So given my admittedly limited knowledge, here are some items that I found
to be more trouble in linked parts than it's worth:
1) Cues are a mess, esp. in orchestral scores with 2 wind parts on a staff.
2) Can't have different music spacing in score and parts.  I like my parts
closer spaced than the score.
3) Can't have different clefs in score and part (e.g., a high bassoon 1 part
might mean tenor clef for bassoon 2 in the score, but should be bass clef in
the part).
4) Grace note spacing.

I encountered other issues which can be fairly attributed to pilot error,
and some of the above problems may have already been addressed.  I'm ready
to embrace linked parts, as soon as the pain of special cases and
workarounds is exceeded by the benefits.  Obviously this is a subjective
judgement.

-Lee