Greetings…

FinMac 26.0.1.706 on OS X High Sierra

Working yesterday on the final steps of a project, putting in bowings.
Mysteriously, articulations were stacking incorrectly.  For instance, a passage
where the notes were stems-down with articulations above the notes.  When I
added bowings marks (with metatool keys, if that’s useful info) the up-bows and
down-bows were appearing below the articulations rather than above.  So I
looked at the Articulation Selection Designer Box and there were the up-bow and
down-bow symbols in their usual positions (24 & 25).

So, thinks I, maybe I have this backwards and the lower down they articulation
is on the chart the lower it stacks.  So I move the up-bow and down-bow to the
top of the chart.  And, of course, they still stack below the other
articulations.

So I figure I DIDN’T have it backwards and move them back down.  And the STILL
stack below.

So I give up and use Articualtion/Stack/Never to get them up where they belong
and finish the project.

Now today, still somewhat flummoxed by this, I open a new document and play
around:  everything works exactly as it should.  So I open the other project.
Still misbehaving in that file.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Also, while working on this project—specifically while entering the
bowings—Finale started crashing on me (spinning beach ball).  Quit, restarted,
same thing.  Quit, restarted, same thing.  So I hit Save more frequently and
limped to the finish.  Now today, working on something else, everything’s
smooth as can be.

Any ideas what’s going on THERE?

For today, anyway, I’m gonna quit while I’m ahead…

Thanks!

Neal Gittleman