Thanks for that brief synopsis.  The PDF import feature is very interesting.  I know that there are many people in each of the camps (Finale, Sibelius, Dorico et al) who really just want to see the best notation.  And of course, nobody is against having the best notation output possible.  But I believe strongly that all the products are converging around the ultimate in notation (one never gets there, but all products are pretty good).  The real differences in the future will be features that save time and improve the quality/accuracy of work.

That experimental PDF conversion is one such example.  Other examples might include:

* Handwriting recognition (on a touch screen)
* Polyphonic audio-to-notation
* Tighter integration with DAWs for the best possible playback
* "Harmonically aware" input modes (guiding to "proper" harmonies and voicings)
* Etc.

I don't claim that all these are easy or even completely possible.  But I do think there is a huge space available for the products to continue to add value way beyond the basics of notation.  In the past, Finale has been a leader in some of these areas, such as with the BIAB harmonizing (good idea that never really worked great) and the drum groove plug-in (again, a good idea never really taken to a high-quality result.)