I had a lot of problem with this sort of thing when I was using Finale regularly.  It had to do with the software setting the mod wheel more or less randomly, and never being reset to the zero position.  I guess that is still a problem.  I eventually found myself having to add hidden notes (or maybe they were expressions, I can't remember) to reset those mod wheels.  It was a real pain.