I’ve got a series of eight notes, beamed in couples with their heads placed on
two different adjacent staves (like a piano double staff system). They where so
positioned via Note Mover –> Cross Staff; the top note has the stem facing
downward and vice versa, therefore, the beam line lays horizontally between the
two note-heads. Two staccato dots are placed on the note-heads but the staccato
for the note one the top staff is erroneously positioned under the beam,
instead of being above the note-head. If I double click the articulation’s
handle, that’l suddenly move the staccato to its proper place, but just for the
moment, until any other action is taken, after which it’ll go back to the
original, unwanted place. It looks like Finale can’t deal with articulations on
cross-staff notes with reversed stem, at least it’s happening to me now (and
was the same in the past, as far as I recall).
I understand I could manually place an attachment of the needed symbol, but I
would first try to see if there’s a possible, more effective workaround.
Running Finale 25.5 on a Mac.

————

Giovanni Andreani

www.giovanniandreani.com