After spending the weekend downgrading from Catalina to Mojave, I would
recommend not updating to Catalina. I had some minor problems with Finale. The
bigger issue was that my audio interface became unusable. I thought I could
wait it out until the drivers were updated, but soon my whole system became
erratic. I rebooted 10 times on Friday trying to figure out what was causing my
problems. My best guess is that Catalina doesn’t play nice with USB. My mouse
and keyboard randomly stopped working. My MIDI keyboard was a mess. Even hard
drives were acting up. It became so unusable that I decided the only solution
was too downgrade.

I admire that Apple is a forward-looking company, but they left many of us
behind with this new upgrade. I will likely ride out the next few years using
10.14 and all my old gear. When I have the funds to upgrade all my USB gear to
Thunderbolt, I’ll buy a new MacBook Pro and switch to the new system.

=====
What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? —Mary Oliver
-----
Greg Scheer
g...@gregscheer.com