I had (and have) the same problem. In my case, I discovered a discrepancy
between alternative computer keyboard layouts that may be selected and the
physical input sources chosen on a specific computer. I have an Italian
language keyboard but Finale’s shortcuts will work only by selecting the
British input sources from the System Preferences; the problem arise because
the new inputs won’t correspond to the actual keyboard mapping. Once the right
keys are memorised, the shortcuts do indeed work. All this happens on a Mac, by
the way, I couldn’t say if the issue is evident on Windows as well.

Giovanni Andreani

www.giovanniandreani.com
www.ga-music.com