Sustainable Tompkins
Community Gathering: Justice & Sustainability In Our Schools

Thu Feb 12
6:00 - 8:30 PM
Unitarian Church Annex
Dinner & Childcare Provided

Sustainable Tompkins invites you to a monthly gathering on "Justice and
Sustainability in Our Schools" on Thursday, February 12, from 6:00 -  8:30 PM
at the Annex of the Unitarian Church, on 208 E.  Buffalo St.  near Aurora St.,
in downtown Ithaca.

The free event, which will include dinner and childcare, will focus on
justice and sustainability initiatives in our schools, what they have in
common, and how citizens can support these vital but rarely linked  efforts.
Short presentations and inspiring video clips will be followed  by
learning/action circles where participants can focus on themes such  as food
equity and school gardens, health access, equity and sustainability
curriculum, transportation equity, and the New Roots school.

The evening will begin with a dinner that includes many local foods.
Additional potluck offerings are encouraged and participants are also
encouraged to bring their own table settings to minimize the clean up.
Childcare is provided but please RSVP for this.

For more information, to reserve childcare, or for disability
accommodations, contact Elan Shapiro, at e...@sustainabletompkins.org,
607-275-0249.

This event is the last in the monthly "Equity and Sustainability" series
organized by Sustainable Tompkins, a citizen-based organization
dedicated to promoting a more just and sustainable community.

http://www.sustainabletompkins.org

Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers affordable local classes.
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org