Hi,
I am new to FINK and have to install it to get another package (called AFNI)
running , but fink ./bootstrap gives error message

Your system lacks the rmdir function

The last lines are:
checking whether frexp can be used without linking with libm... (cached) no
checking whether ldexp can be used without linking with libm... no
checking whether frexpl can be used without linking with libm... (cached) no
checking whether ldexpl can be used without linking with libm... no
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible realloc... no
checking for rmdir... no
configure: error: in `/sw/src/fink.build/gzip-1.4-2/gzip-1.4':
configure: error: Your system lacks the rmdir function.
              Please report this, along with the output of "uname -a", to the
              bug-coreut...@gnu.org mailing list.  To continue past this point,
              rerun configure with SKIP_RMDIR_CHECK=yes.
              E.g., ./configure SKIP_RMDIR_CHECK=yes
See `config.log' for more details.
### execution of gzip_cv_assembler=no failed, exit code 1
phase compiling: gzip-1.4-2 failed

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.
If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the FAQ on Fink's
website solves the problem.  If not, ask on one of these mailing lists:

    The Fink Users List <fink-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>
    The Fink Beginners List <fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net>.

Please try to include the complete error message in your report.  This
generally consists of a compiler line starting with e.g. "gcc" or "g++"
followed by the actual error output from the compiler.

Also include the following system information:
Package manager version: 0.31.1
Distribution version: selfupdate-point (bootstrap), 10.7, x86_64
Trees: local/main stable/main
No recognized Xcode installed

ERROR: Bootstrap phase 2 failed!

I am running OSX Lion on a 12core MacPro

uname -a
Darwin arashmac.anbg.mountsinai.org 11.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.1.0: Tue
Jul 26 16:07:11 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.22.81~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64;;

I don’t know how to get past the error by using ./configure
SKIP_RMDIR_CHECK=yes  , where should I run this command?
 I have installed X11 on this system.
Fink selfupdate could not proceed and couldn’t get connected to any of the
mirror sites. I also couldn’t find this error on the FAQ list.
Could you please help?
Thanks,
Arash