On 4/22/14, 12:40 PM, Max Horn wrote:
>> My thought for #1 was a bit simpler:  just have the three
>> compiler-wrapper*.in files sitting around in the source and not generate
>> them dynamically at all.
>
> That actually sounds exactly like what I meant with my point #1 :)

oops, yeah.  I skipped "the content of" when I initially read that,.

>>   I can't think of a compelling reason to do so if they get written into the
>> .deb, since a "fink reinstall fink" should restore them if something happens.
>>
>> On the other hand, if folks think that having files that go into %p/var in a
>> .deb is a no-no, then ensure_gpp106_prefix already has the ability to create
>> the wrapper and symlinks dynamically.
>
> Which is somewhat weird, though, as those symlinks are also created by
> install.sh and are in the .deb, it seems. I really wonder why that work is
> done twice - what am I missing?
>
> Cheers,
> Max

Yeah.  It'd probably take some delving into the history to figure out
what's going on, unless someone happens to remember.

It kind of seems like the original thought was to have the wrappers in
the .deb, but then it was decided not to do that, but the initial
concept of installing into the .deb never got removed.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison