Hi there,

I am brand new to this list. I am creating a new .info file for
the inform z-machine compiler for interactive fiction, and I
have two questions. One procedural and another technical.

First, what is the standard procedure for testing and certifying
a .info file for inclusion in the standard fink distribution? I
have the .info and .patch files working, but it's probably
minimal. For example, I believe I should probably add some more
mirrors. I'm looking for help with the last mile.

Second, I'm having trouble with the UpdateConfigGuessInDirs
field. If I don't include it as the last field in the .info
file, it seems to grab extra lines from the next fields. This
input:

UpdateConfigGuessInDirs: config
CompileScript:
   ./configure %c
   make

produces this when it runs:

Information about 760 packages read in 5 seconds.
mkdir -p /sw/src/inform-6.21.2-1
tar -xzf /sw/src/inform-6.21.2.tar.gz
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.guess config
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.sub config
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.guess ./configure
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.sub ./configure
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.guess --prefix=/sw
cp: --prefix=/sw: No such file or directory
### cp failed, exit code 1
Failed: patching inform-6.21.2-1 failed

If I move the UpdateConfigGuessInDirs field to the end of the
file, everything works fine. Is this a bug in my .info file, or
a bug with fink?

Oh, I guess I have a third question. I'm having a little trouble
figuring out what to put in the License field. The author
includes a fairly liberal distribution property, but I'm not
sure which of the choices is most appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your help,

George Madrid