I have been extensively looking at the Fink coding and Perl
scripts/libraries, and I think I have an idea.  I believe that much of
the Fink code needs an overhaul.  The whole dependancy system is
starting to break down. (See recent threads involving splitoff/shared
libs problems)  Also, a proposed extension to the info file format,
variants, requires a much improved system to be in place.  The recent
storable-pm/indexing inclusion into Fink has alleviated this third
problem, that of speed, but in the future it will be desirable to
further increase the speed of the parser.  I would like to propose that
the core of the fink parser be rewritten to include all recently added
features, and fix many of the dependancy problems springing up from the
shlibs project.  I am willing to work on this for a while.  It may not
be an immediate transition, but I would like to transition to a faster,
more bug free system.  I also think that it the parser is rewritten, it
should be redone in C, C++, or Objective-C, whatever this list decides
upon.

Everyone, please voice your opinions,
Thanks, Kyle D. Moffett