At 12:12 AM -0700 6/8/02, William McCallum wrote:
>I have a stupid question.  Needing maxima in order to review a
>calculus textbook based on it, I found out how to install it from a
>version in cvs at sourceforge, so I thought I might as well make a
>fink package. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a tarball for
>this version. What do I do? Wait till there is one? I don't know how
>to fill in the Source field to make the source download via cvs.

Generally we wait for releases. Building from CVS is not advisable
because everybody's version could be different.

If you wanted to you could make a "snapshot" tarball, put it on your
site and make a package out of that. But some projects won't
"support" you running from a cvs snapshot from a random date.

-Ben
--
http://homepage.mac.com/bhines/