Hi,

I've recently heard about this "Dave" patch that is supposed
to make convenience libraries work on  OS/X 10.1 & later.

Does this cause any known problems on other platforms?
I read the patch, but picking apart "archive_cmds" was
too obtuse for the time I had available.  :-(

I applied the patch to this:

  http://autogen.sf.net/data/autogen-5.3.8pre5.tar.gz

which I am hoping to be able to whip into shape for use
on OS/X so Stan Shebs can play with fixincludes and be
able to proceed with GCC maintenance.  Actually, if I
could set up a "fink" package a la Debian:

  http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/autogen.html

I would be a happy camper.  ;-)  Thanks for any input!