I have tried cups after installing kde - but there is a problem, cupsd stops
with an error that it cannot find config file $prefix/etc/cups/cups.conf. It
seems that the finkinfo file contains an error which prevents cupsd from
running. I have found a few lines where the $ sign is escaped (\$prefix instead
of $prefix). I have removed these lines and now cupsd works. I have attached
the new finkinfo file (unfortunately I didn't copy the old one so I can't
diff -ru them :-( )

Hope that helps.

Dirk

Life's like a box of chocolats - you never know what you get...

                                                    Forrest Gump

Dirk Vollmerhaus

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.gmx.net