On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 08:09, Jose' Cruanyes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I,ve installed the postgresql package from the 1.2/unstable tree, but
> unfortunately the configuration choose by the package maintainer
> doesn't match my needs
>
> I need Java, and I don't want a bunch of other options there included
> (tlc ecc) that have also really deep dependencies, I've to install X,
> and many other packages that I don't want installed.

Well, I could add support for building the java portion of PostgreSQL,
but that wouldn't keep it from building the perl/tcl/etc. parts.  I've
gotta update to the recently-released 7.2.3 anyways, I plan on doing
some cleanup and fixing of other buglets people have found in the
postgresql packages while doing that.  I'll see if I can get the java
build enabled, too.