Ben> On Saturday, November 30, 2002, at 03:36  PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>> Last week, I tried to write a quick utility that would preen the cruft
>> from my /sw/src directory.  You know, those distros that are no longer
>> needed.  I thought "no problem... a simple Perl script accessing the
>> Fink::* classes will suffice".
>>

Ben> Er, we already do have a "fink cleanup" command. :)

No we don't:

    Common commmands:
      install    - install/update the named packages
      remove     - remove the named packages
      update     - update the named packages
      selfupdate - upgrade fink to the lastest release
      update-all - update all installed packages
      configure  - rerun the configuration process
      list       - list available packages, optionally filtering by name
      apropos    - list packages matching a search keyword
      describe   - display a detailed description of the named packages
      index      - force rebuild of package cache

This is from "fink --help".

If it's not there, it DOESN'T EXIST.

That's the first rule of documentation.  The documentation *is*
the product.  If it's not documented, it simply *doesn't exist*.

Looks like my efforts are needed more than ever. :)