Randal> Actually, on second thought, I should "conflicts: (everything)" but
Randal> "provides: (only the modules I actually have installed)".

Randal> Maybe for version 2. :)

Randal> Sorry, I hit send too quick...

Randal> And the *reason* for that is that I don't want fink to autoinstall any
Randal> -pm module, but I want to be notified if I have to manually install
Randal> something.  I'll end up with a conflict error... I'll scurry off and
Randal> run "perl -MCPAN -eshell", fix the error, and then come back to finish
Randal> the self-update.

And that scheme *still* doesn't work.  Once I have system-perlmods
installed, it *still* wants to try to install something like compress-zlib-pm,
but then fails because my package conflicts with it.

Ugh.

Ben?  This isn't working yet.  Any new ideas?